Dr Joseph Bouserhal
For me, orthodontics is not only my profession, it is also my lifestyle. I obtained my orthodontic diploma from the Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium and my dental degree from Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon.
Since then, I established myself in Lebanon and decided to dedicate my life to treating people’s smiles. I enjoy teaching and sharing not only orthodontic knowledge but also life experience, from travel to self-development. My first learning experience started by being an instructor at Saint Joseph University, where the students have been my teachers. The passion to give them more, made me grow as an orthodontist. 30 years of dedication to the department last until today. During that time, it was even, a pleasure and a challenge to be the Head and/or Program Director of the Orthodontic Department for 15 years in a row.
My family is my first support, specially my wife, without whom I would not have been able to expand my dreams internationally. Thanks to the “Societé Française d’Orthopédie Dento-faciale”, I gave my first lecture overseas.
In addition, I am currently member of the American Association of Orthodontics,the Angle Society of Orthodontists, the Tweed Foundation for Orthodontic Education and Research and the Executive Committee of the World Federation of Orthodontists.
- Professor in the department of Orthodontics at Saint Joseph University
- Adjunct Clinical Professor at Boston University
- Visiting Professor at Alexandria University
- Head of the orthodontic department and program director at Saint Joseph University from 1995 until 2010
- Doctor in Dental Surgery Degree from Saint Joseph University
- Diploma of specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics from the Catholic University of Louvain
- Doctorate degree from the University of Liège
- Continuing education diploma in Orthodontics from the University of Southern-California
- Diplomas of specialist in Lingual Orthodontics and Sleep Apnea from the University of Paris VII
- Diplomas in 3D Imaging and Dental Clinical Research from the University of Toulouse
- Member of the Executive Committee of the World Federation of Orthodontists
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the Angle Society of Orthodontists, East Component
- Member of the Tweed Foundation for Orthodontic Research and Education
- Honorary Member of the French Society of Dentofacial Orthopedics, the Syrian Orthodontic Society and the Romanian Association of Excellence in Orthodontics
- International Ambassador of the American Association of Orthodontists.
Outside The Office
I enjoy spending time alone and with my family. My 2 kids bring me joy seeing them growing up, they make me forget the sense of time and the fact that I am growing up as well. My favorite hobbies are travelling and reading. For some reason, most of the time, I find solutions in papers and books. Also, I enjoy long walks, long talks and getaway weekends with friends and family.
Dr Lea Bouserhal
My father has always been a big influence on my life. His life path has inspired me into taking his footsteps. Being an artist, orthodontics has made me see a different dimension to art. It helped me combine my touches to the orthodontic technology. I started my education as a dentist in Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon. I decided to travel for my orthodontics’ master to Cleveland, Ohio, USA. There, I was taught by the best researchers and clinicians in the orthodontic world and obtained my degree from a well-known university in the medical field, Case Western Reserve University.
After graduation, I worked a few years abroad, to then decide to come back to Lebanon in January 2018 and join my father in the practice. Thanks to my family around me, I am able to expand technology and quality of treatment at the practice.
Today, I am putting into action all the ideas and the mindset I have acquired abroad. Aligners, marketing, management… I am learning from the best managers and am using all my entrepreneurial skills to shift the practice to the next level. I founded BClear Aligners in September 2018, having the vision to expand the creation of smiles outside Lebanon. I also founded Lemon Suit, a medical wear brand in 2016, with also the desire to start shipping outside Lebanon. I am constantly generating ideas to make the world a much more beautiful place.
- Doctor in Dental Surgery degree from Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon.
- Master in Science (MS) in orthodontics from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
- The Tweed course certification, Tucson, Arizona, USA.
- Invisalign certification, USA.
Outside The Office
I spend most of my time doing the things I love like running, dancing, reading and connecting to nature. My precious times are spent with family and with my dog. I enjoy travelling and camping too.
I value working on my self-development and growth so much, because I am a firm believer in that hard work, always pays off. I have big goals to reach on an artistic and entrepreneurial level.
Seeing Bouserhal Orthodontics reaching high standards and delivering more smiles than ever is one goal. Another goal is growing as an artist since I have a passion for singing, speaking and communication. Also, I am a certified transformational coach (CTA-ACC) which helps me work better on my skills and assist others in expanding their perspective on life.